Life has been nothing but sunshine and smiles lately.
Monday, June 28, 2010
I love running with the sunset
Life has been nothing but sunshine and smiles lately.
I truly believe the best summer days are those where the main apparel worn is a bathing suit, and this truth was in full swing today. Our backyard oasis was the perfect setting. I read magazines, discussed passions with my sister, and read more of the wonderful book a dear friend lent to me, Fearless by Max Lucado. He may be one of my new favorite Christian authors! I love when it feels as if He himself called me to read such a book.
I was blessed to spend 4 days in Allendale in the presence of friends that are better described as sisters. We had a totally God-led time together and we wouldn't of had it any other way. We watched and danced in the sunset at Grand Haven. We sat in the kitchen and talked for hours. We saw Toy Story 3. We watched the light show in Grand Haven. We rocked out to Taylor Swift. We made funny videos contorting out voices. We created a sprinkler out of a Barg's 2-liter...thankfully this later turned into Miner Lake.
God is SO GOOD! Linds received a phone call that she didn't have to work, and everything worked out wonderfully to venture to Mike's cottage. We rode with the windows down and music in full bloom all the way there. We swam. We jet-skied. We laughed. We ate outside. We played games. We got to be together on a beautiful summer day. Praise God! It was by far one of my favorite days of this summer...words can only begin to describe the happiness we shared and the celebration of friendship present!
Lately I've gotten to do some wonderful journaling. I've realized that God has totally written on my heart (pun intended) that I feel best at the end of the day when I've taken time to sit and write to Him and with Him. Even if it's a few sentences. It's wonderful because it's an everlasting conversation, and I am so grateful He has led me to this time called summer to be realigned with the true depths of my heart. It's AMAZING. I just pray I am listening and moving in the right ways He is calling me too.
This summer I've been working hard to workout regularly and eat healthier too.
I am eating more greens and foods that 'don't come in a box.' I only drink pop on weekends. I drink water like it's going out of style. I've ate less fast food, and if I do, I often politely decline fries (even though it very well kills me). I am not eating after 9pm-- smores may have to be an exception! It's really not about losing weight (although I have lost 5 lbs), it's about living and breathing my best self, spiritually, mentally, and physically. I want eating healthy and working out to be a part of the everyday and not the once-in-a-while. I bet if I added it up I've ran over 75 miles since school has gotten out! I've also swam across the lake, wakeboarded, walked, danced, Zumbad, done a few workout DVD's, and smile a lot. I very well am in the best shape I have ever been in, which is a totally awesome feeling!! I may not be the size the world wants me to be, but I couldn't care less. I am Sarah A. Schultz, and I was created to be me as I am. And for the first time, I can honestly say I've never felt so confident and at peace in my own skin.
Praise God!
I get to pack tomorrow for UP NORTH. I can't wait-- for UP NORTH that is!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds awesome schultzie. Glad you are having a good summer. Love you.
ReplyDelete-Smitty
Sarah I have been sending lots of prayers your way! I hope your surgery was completed with flying colors and you are on the way to having your ankle back in action. I am sure this feels like a season of pruning but it only leads to marvelous things-- trust me. But above all else, trust Him where he is with you and taking you. You are LOVED Sarah! I miss you and love you!
ReplyDelete