Wednesday, July 7, 2010

This 90 degree weather is making even the trees sweat



It's official. I know that surviving in a tropical climate is something I very well couldn't do. This weather does not invite me outside...and we have a pool! The heat just feels absolutely claustrophobic to me, like the heat is going to suffocate me.

On that note, I've never been so thankful for central air conditioning.

The inside temperature has been lovely for having lots of wonderful journal conversations with God, and indeed learning and growing in the process. I am venturing through Matthew right now, and really dove into the depths of Chapter 16 today-- take a look for yourself and please share with me how it speaks to you. I'd love to see what He unfolded to you in this section. I loved the contrast I deciphered of feeling so called by God, and then in another instance, how our humanness, our emotions, our selfishness, can speak louder than Him. WHOA I thought. Simon Peter was such a stunning example of this change within the context of the same conversation. I realized how God gets SOO excited when we have spiritual epiphanies and acceptance of our spiritual gifts, and he is hurt when our humanness acts in their place. It truly invigorated me to take great faith and joy in His commands and plans-- even if they are not picture perfect. Or uncomfortable. He knows all. He created us. He will always know us better than we will ever know ourselves. Let us celebrate this!!

I just finished reading Fearless by Max Lucado, and now I am going back and answering some of the questions he proposes for contemplation and action. I think it's going to be great to look my anxiety in the eyes and conquer it with Him-- hopefully once and for all. Now reading wise I am onto The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis. I've only heard good things about it-- I originally heard about it in one of our Casual Small Groups back in winter semester. Reading has been such a haven for me this summer, and it feels so right. I've always been a a book fan, and I think this fact shall always ring true.

My family had a wonderful 4th of July Up North, with a homemade fireworks display by my uncle. It was crazy neat! He spent so much time on them-- we all loved our own private show! It was a wonderfully hot weekend, and in the lake was our prime meeting location. My sister and I wakeboarded, and did lots of sunbathing with my mom and the rest of the family. OH!! And I cooked zucchini lemon pasta with chicken. I even cut the chicken!! It was a big deal. I got to wear my grandma's apron and it just felt spiritually overwhelming. May forever cooking unit me with her and I will never complain to do it! The evenings were always electric too, with campfires & laughter & fireflies. All around, it was a very blessed holiday!

Sunday will be my first official day working at Macy's. I work in Swim Recovery...this sounds dangerous to me. I bet maybe I am taking clothes from the dressing room back onto the floor? I guess we shall see.

Life is good, and I am feeling rebirthed in all sorts of wonderful ways. I just pray I can infuse this mindset into the future of traffic in this life. Let us give thanks for the gifts of this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment